Tuesday, May 18, 2010

La Macarena

I am trying to take advantage of my last days in Sevilla and I decided that I couldn´t leave without going to the neighborhood which is the name sake of the number one Latin song of all time.
Truth be told, there isn´t anything amazingly exciting about the Macarena.
I did find the remains of the original city wall which go for several yards around the Macarena. I also found (not in the macarena but on my way back to the center) a bead store where I bought several painted beads.
I did walk for about three hours and got a sizable blister.

I am living my last 48 hours in Sevilla, it is so hard to believe.
I took another visit to the Alcazar gardens and read some of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in Spanish. Did I tell you that I now have an Andalucia library card?
I had my last English class. The couple were very nice to me and told me that if I come back to Sevilla, I should call them.
I studied a lot for exams.
I cleaned out my desk and tried to throw away as many papers as possible in preparacion for my departure.
I ate some ice cream.
Today was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww-- this one makes me sad. Leaving! I mean, I'm sure people want you to come back, but you are having such a wonderful time over there...

    ReplyDelete