Thursday, May 13, 2010

The End is Near

As my date of departure gets extremely close, life starts to get really crazy! I have a huge list of things to accomplish before I leave this city such as eat Gelato, go shopping, take three final exams, and visit the Plaza de EspaƱa one last time. Today was the last day of classes so the only thing left to worry about is studying for finals.
Unfortunatly, I´m doing something completely crazy and going to London tomorrow. My first trip to London was cancelled due to ash clouds and I´m on the edge of my seat with this one. The Spanish airports were closed early this week but all the airports are opened now. In my reasearch on ash cloud situations I have found out that.
Europe air traffic may be affected by the ash clouds without notice until the volcanoe stops erupting. The last time, the eruption lasted two years.

Spinach. Isabel many months ago made us cooked spinach with chick peas, a plate which niether one of us could bear to eat. She talks about how we don´t like vegetables sometimes which isn´t fair because I´m eating so many vegetables here. We told her that we liked raw spinach and she had never tried it! So last week she made a huge salad of nothing but spinach. It was a little too much spinach all at once for me, but I ate it.

Today was my second to last tutoring class. I am really enjoying tutoring now. We played guess who for the majority of our time today. The best news was that I was able to borrow an English first grade reading book and Claudia loved it. I think we read every story in about three clases.
Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment