Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Catching up with the Dreams

Today is my last full day in Sevilla. I would like to thank everyone who ever believed it me...
All the people who read my blog
The parents and Scholarship organizations who sent me money
They people who skyped with me regularly.... Kendall West and Amanda and Steffy
The people who sent me snail mail
The People who remembered to write me messages... Kacy Mauldin

When I came to Europe, I knew I wanted to see Great Britian. I also wanted to see Paris and Barcelona. There was a time when I had doubts that I would ever get to go anywhere, I´m going to be honest. It is really amazing to think that I will have gone to all three of these places in my three last weekends abroad! Who would have guessed?
I am still completely thrilled that I got the opportunity to go to London. When I didn´t find a friend to go with, I contacted Jennifer, a girl studying abroad from Shorter. Unfortunately, she was going to be away every weekend in April, which was when I wanted to come. I finally worked it out to go during the middle of Feria week. During the week plane tickets are a little cheaper. Jennifer would have classes but I would be able to stay in her dorm.
BUT then there was volcanic ash.
I further hoped that I would have Monday or Friday of exam week free so that I could go during the last weekend of Spain but this was not so. In an act of risk taking, I decided to buy plane tickets to go to London Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
I was on the edge of my seat all week since there was another ash cloud and the Sevilla airport closed on Tuesday.
After all of this, you might have been surprised to find that I had a very successful trip to London.
It was better for Jennifer that I came last weekend because she was done with classes and I got to stay with the family she now lives with. It was also better that I didn´t go during the Feria because I got to go to Feria with Isabel and have tons of fun!
It all goes to show that God knows our plans better than we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment