Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Goodbye Sevilla

Well I am now back in Stockbridge, that beautiful city but I would like to back track and recount my journey to Barcelona and my last day in Sevilla.

On Tuesday I had my last tutoring class. I had a lot of fun playing guess who with Claudia and her parents were very sweet and invited me to visit them if I ever come back. On Wednesday I had my literature final and then took the bus to Dos Hermanas to visit the Owens one last time and return an English book I had borrowed. That was the first time I took the bus in Sevilla, apart from the airport bus. The Dos Hermanas bus was very empty and I had to request my stop. Sadly I missed the stop and had to walk back, but not too far.

Wednesday night was the goodbye party at CC-CS. There was a talent show and by coincidence, during our last night in Sevilla, the Sevilla soccer team one a tournament and there was a riot in the street! Everyone gathered in a plaza and was singing the Sevilla team song and waving their red scarves and people would honk as they drove by. The whole city was in Fiesta!

On Tursday afternoon, I had to get to the train station with all of my bags. Everyone talked about taking taxis to leave instead of the airport bus but I was not convinced. It turns out that the bus leaves from the same street that also has taxis. After being advised that my best bet would be a taxi, I knew I had to give the bus a try. I decided to attempt the bus and if that didn't work out, I could always take a taxi. Katherine and I made a spectacle of ourselves getting down the stairs and to the street. Isabel had been gone all day so after I came down stairs I called her and she said she would return in seven minutes so I waited for her in the lobby. It was really nice that she caught me before I left to say goodbye. I walked two three blocks to the bus stop, dragging my two suitcases. The bus took ten minutes to come but when it did I waited for everyone to get on, then hoisted my bags up. Second bus in Sevilla: success
I got to the train station and met Gia. We had chosen to take the AVE [high speed train] to avoid paying for luggage on the plane. Turns out that the fine print of our tickets says that you can't bring more than 20 kilos and I had about 50 kilos. Fortunately those were more like guidelines and no one checked. We did have to have help getting our suitcases in the train. Gia just had one big suitcase and it did not fit onto the shelf so we just left it in the back. And off we went on our 5.5 hour train ride to Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment